Faculty/Staff Tuition Waiver Information
To complete the Faculty/Staff Tuition Waiver process, you must complete the following steps:
- Employees MUST enroll in the course by the Official Census Date: May 19, 2023 for Summer I 2023, June 28, 2023 for Summer II 2023, and September 1, 2023 for Fall 2023.
- **TO AVOID CANCELLATION submit your tuition waiver online in the MyPack Portal by the due date May 2, 2023 for Summer I 2023, June 8, 2023 for Summer II 2023, and July 26, 2023 for Fall 2023.
- This serves as notification to us of your INTENT to use a tuition waiver. It only holds your schedule from cancellation.
- Charges will not be removed from your account until we have received the on-line waiver with your supervisor’s electronic signature.
- Tuition and Fees will be waived for only the course(s) listed on the waiver. All changes to course schedules must be submitted on a new, on-line tuition waiver. You will be charged Tuition and Fees for any courses not listed on an approved tuition waiver.
- You and your supervisor must submit your completed Faculty/Staff Tuition Waiver by May 19, 2023 for Summer I 2023, June 28, 2023 for Summer II 2023, and September 1, 2023 for Fall 2023. For rules and regulations, please visit Faculty/Staff Waiver Regulations.
PLEASE CHECK YOUR BILLING STATEMENT TO MAKE SURE YOU ARE NOT BILLED FOR HEALTH INSURANCE. If applicable, you may need to waive the Student Health Insurance or else you may be billed for insurance coverage that you might already have. For more information regarding Student Health Insurance, please visit go.ncsu.edu/insurance.
PLEASE NOTE: Students registering for the first time during the late registration period are subject to a $100 late registration fee. The tuition waiver DOES NOT cover the late registration fee. Late registration begins on April 20, 2023 for Summer I 2023, May 30, 2023 for Summer II 2023, and July 19, 2023 for Fall 2023. For more information about late registration, please view go.ncsu.edu/late.
Faculty/Staff Tuition Waiver – Employee tuition waivers are considered a benefit of employment and costs incurred as a result of using a waiver or failure to submit a timely waiver are not appealable.
**DISCLAIMER: It is the employee’s responsibility to ensure that their completed and signed tuition waiver is submitted to the Cashier’s Office via the MyPack Portal by the deadline. Tuition waivers cannot be accepted after the deadline or processed retroactively.