Department Deposit Procedures
Campus Departments must contact email@example.com for all changes. Departments are not authorized to contact the Armored Car Service directly.
The University has determined the most cost effective way for departments located in the immediate central campus area to transmit funds for deposits to the University Cashier’s Office is by using the authorized secure pickup service.
- Departments located on Main campus, Centennial Campus, Vet School, and Stadium/Arena will use the Armored Car Service – Armored Car Service Service Fee Rates
- Operations located at other, more distant locations should deposit funds in local depository institutions as authorized by the Cash Management section of the Controller’s Office.
In order to ensure the cash collection process works smoothly for all concerned, the Cashier’s Office and campus departments will use the following procedures.
- Each department contact will be furnished a copy of the Site Location List that will identify the department contact and pickup information.
- Departments located in buildings having pickups for more than one department are strongly encouraged to work together to have pickup times coincide and consolidate pickups at a single location. This will save the departments money as well as the University. Departments using a consolidated pickup location can have the cost split between departments. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the cost sharing information.
- Pickups are based on the Site Location List submitted to the Armored Car Service. The Site Location List is maintained by the Cashier’s Office. The Cashier’s office will verify departmental pickup information on a yearly basis. To make changes to service or contact information contact the Cashier’s Office by emailing email@example.com or call 919-515-9399 – Armored Car Service Information Update Form
- Each department will be billed via journal entry monthly. Departments should verify that the charges agree with the pickups being made. If a department disagrees with the amounts being charged, they should contact the Cashier’s Office at firstname.lastname@example.org promptly.
- It is the department’s responsibility to check the accuracy of their deposit. The deposit will show up in the Wolf Reporting System (WRS Report) the next day.
Purchase of Department Deposit Slips
Campus Departmental Deposit Slips can be purchased directly at the NC State Bookstore Contact Debra Goode, (Computer/School Supplies Buyer) at 919-515-3904 or email@example.com.
Please note: The University Cashier’s Office does not furnish deposit slips to departments.